Monday, March 23, 2015

Relief Society Anniversary And Chatting in Relief Society 3-22-2015

We celebrated the Relief Society's anniversary
 yesterday with a manicure!  

I met with the El Centro branch's Relief Society yesterday and got my nails done -- without polish!  I didn't want to have to buy polish remover for a one time use.  Nail polish here in Chile is much thinner than US polish.  So they put on more coats.  Most of the colors brought by the young sister showing us how to manicure our nails were muted colors: rose, brown, lite brown, and ORANGE!  I was so surprised to see the orange.  But one of the sisters used the orange and it looked really nice with her skin tones!  I am too used to the paler skin of our family.  

Then the Relief Society president connected the manicure to Pres. U's talk about our hands being the ones that Christ uses.  She showed Pres. U's talk on her computer.  It worked really well!  Nice going, Presidenta Villarosas.


 I don't know what these sisters were talking about, but she doesn't look happy!

Nice colors but missing the orange!
Orange polish

Remember, file your nails from the underneath side.


While at this meeting, I found that I can chat better now.  My Spanish is finally up to a chat with some sisters who like to talk about their families.  I was talking to this sister who asked me if I have an bis-nietos -- great grandchildren.  I had to tell her no, that my oldest grandchild, Allison, is on a mission and not yet having great grandchildren for me!  She has 24 grandchildren and 16 great grandchildren. She is hopefully many years older than I am!  She is so nice to me, always willing to talk with me and listen to my "distinctive" Spanish.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the reason i.e. Christ using our hands. Great idea. Thanks for the nail filing tip. You have great-grandchildren, they just reside in heaven currently, because, right now, you're much to young to have great grandchildren :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and doesn't that sister have the nicest smile. Ask her if she will adopt me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do believe she has received His image in her countenance. I love to look at her!

    ReplyDelete