Friday, December 13, 2013

First Sunday


Today we went to church with the branch missionaries.  We met the branch president, President O'Campo, and he knew Keith's father when he was the mission president here in the Osorno Mission.  He was one of his missionaries.  He recognized Keith a little and then looked at his name badge and recognized the name.  He asked if we knew Dad and was surprised that Keith said he was his son!  He thought your grandfather was wonderful!  The branch president mentioned it in sacrament meeting and another lady came to talk with us about Keith's mother who taught her how to lead music!  The meeting was fast and testimony meeting so I could not understand anyone, of course.  We went to the gospel essentials class, and I could follow along with my English manual on my tablet and the Espanol manual in paper.  I even read a paragraph in Spanish!  It was halting but understandable according to Dad.  However, Relief Society was the hardest.  The lesson was about broadening your life (I think, from the hand gestures and a few Spanish words), not just doing one thing, like school, but trying music, etc., also to widen you horizons.  Now she did not use these words but that was the gist as far as I could tell.   Then there were testimonies which I did not understand at all.  Oh well, I will get better with Spanish! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment