Thursday, July 31, 2014

My cold

June (Winter) -- I caught my first cold since the start of the mission and was housebound for almost three weeks!  I ended up with bronchitis and had to go to the doctor.  Interesting experience.  I had hoped to avoid doctors all my mission, but alas, no.  The funny part was at the x-ray area when the technician gave me instructions in rapid Spanish and Elder Stott had to tell her that I didn't understand her.  I had such a blank look on my face that I thought that was evident!  So she showed me what to do in mime!  It was so cute! Then she told Elder Stott to tell me when to hold my big breath and when to let it out.

As in the US when you go to a clinic, you wait until called.  We were 4 hours at the clinic including the chest xray and filling the prescriptions.

However, five days later when we went to pick up the xray, we got our hepatitis booster shot without a doctor prescription.  Rules and customs are different here.

Such are mission experiences -- doing things you do not necessarily want to do and succeeding in doing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment