Thursday, February 20, 2014

Relief Society in Lago Ranco

Two Sundays ago we went to Lago Ranco to visit the branch there. It meets in a converted home.  We took Bro. Rios, the district mission leader with us.  The branch is about 50 km away by the side of a large lake of the same name. It is very small; about 20 were in attendance. Both Hermano Rios and Keith were invited to speak!  I was feeling pretty good about not being asked to speak with Keith.  However, in Relief Society there were only three of us: Sister Paredes, the R. S. first counselor, a young girl (she looked about 18) and myself.  Sister Paredes asked me to bear my testimony to start.  I had to ask her if she wanted me to speak -- just to make sure I understood.  It was a short testimony but it was in Spanish.  She gave the lesson, and the young girl participated a little. It was an interesting lesson. It was the lesson on families out of the LDS Woman, Part A or B, I'm not sure which one. Sister Paredes talked about how Relief Society helps her with her family. I could understand most of it because I had spoken with Sister Paredes after sacrament meeting and she asked me how my Spanish was coming. I told her that Chileans spoke much too rapidly -- not realizing that she would give the RS lesson.  So during the lesson she made sure she spoke slowly so I could understand her.   It was very nice of her.  My Spanish is coming, slowly, very slowly!




1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Three people in RS, and I thought our15 was small. I guess if the Spirit's there it doesn't really matter. Congratulations on learning Spanish. I tried to once at a community Ed class. Everyone had some Spanish before and I was just learning, ugh. The teacher was a native too. Maybe sone day I will try it again.

    ReplyDelete