Saturday, February 8, 2014

Cornbread with the Hermanas

Last Monday I had two sets of sister missionaries, called hermanas (sisters), come to our house and had them make cornbread with me.   Hermanas Clark, Alvarez, Bennett, and Clark (in picture on the porch from left to right) came to help me bake.  St Christmas time, Hermana Bennett told us that when she was homesick she would bake cornbread because it reminded her of home.  I asked her if she make it from scratch or if she had found a mix here in Chile.  She told me that her mother sent her Jiffy mixes in her packages and Hermana Bennett saved them until she needed a lift!  So I told her I would show her how to mix cornbread from scratch if she would teach me how to use my oven.  Now my oven has a thermostat of one flame, two flames, and three flames, nada mas!  So I am having a bit of a problem getting my baked good to bake and not burn.  We had fun making a mess, but the cornbread turned out well and we had lunch with chili and cornbread.  The hermanas took home the extra which they liked.

Elder Stott liked the lunch but thought there was a lot of laughing for the amount of cooking that got done!





1 comment:

  1. I'm sure the cornbread was delicious! Good food with good company!

    ReplyDelete