Monday, April 14, 2014

Completos North American Style

Completos are a popular fast food here in Chile.  They are hot dogs with everything -- hence the name completos.  They are hots dogs with avocado, tomatoes, onions, relish, cheese, mustard, and ketchup or anything else you want to put on them.  When new missionaries come into the mission, they all meet at the mission home for training and completos for dinner.

I decided that we would have another cooking lesson for a preparation day so all the hermanas (sister missionaries) (except one set who couldn't make it, too bad) came to my little house -- yes, ten in my little house with Elder Stott and myself -- and we had a lesson in cooking chili dogs (North American completos).  Actually we had a lesson in making chili that we then put on our hot dogs along with mustard, ketchup, relish, and cheese (sound familiar?).  The Latinas were not quite sure about the taste to look at them, but they all ate two so it was a culinary success!  I also demonstrated making frosting for brownies that we had for dessert -- with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.  The North American hermanas loved them also.  They hadn't had chili since they left the US.


Front row: Hermanas Steele, Castillo, Alonso
Middle row:  Hermanas Hernandez, Latham, Nunez 
Top Row:  Hermanas Hunsaker, Stott, and Spencer


Last night Elder York called and asked if I had a recipe for brownies and chocolate chip cookies.  He was getting lonesome for some food from home.  So I gave him mine and told him about the hermanas' cooking lessons.   Now some of the elders want a cooking lesson!  I have my doubts.  What I think they really want is an eating lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment