Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Baked goods -- very well done!

With Keith out of commission due to a bad cold, we have stayed home a lot this past week.  I am baking more now with more time during the day (and somewhat bored to stay home), but I still need the oven thermometer!  My cinnamon rolls turned out pretty good, but the banana bread was very brown on the bottom and the sides!  When I went to turn down the gas oven, it turned off!  I had to relight it.  I made stove-top granola cookies which tasted like candy, but set up so quickly that I had to use the last 1/4 for ice cream topping because I could not get them to stick together for cookies.  However, they were also great on the chocolate pudding I made!  I made dinner rolls and had the same problem with trying to turn the oven down.  Their bottoms and sides were very brown, but Keith looked at them and said, "Ah!  My kind of rolls!"  I do love that man!

(No pictures -- who wants to see almost burned baked goods!)

1 comment:

  1. I like a little crunch and If you suck on it it lasts longer too!

    ReplyDelete